Coming up: Tuscany Adventure Immersion
Group size: 4-8 women
Activity level 2-3: This adventure is designed for active women of any age. There will be a number of long days on our feet exploring, and at least one hike that will range from 4-5 hours in length. You should be in good walking/hiking condition. Mornings we will be participating in easily learned body movements and stretches. You’ll also be learning various forms of moving meditation and breathing exercises.
This journey is not just defined by piazzas, cathedrals or castles, but by the rhythms of nature, with the cypress trees, the smell of sheep’s milk cheese pervading from a local farm, the relaxing warmth of the natural hot springs and the mystical simplicity of the timeless landscape and people of Tuscany.
On our 9 day Tuscany adventure we immerse ourselves into the Tuscan country side by staying exclusively at the Podere Cunina farm located outside BuenoConvento and the UNESCO world heritage site of the Val d’Orcia. Our host farm proudly produces their own olive oil, honey and saffron. The itinerary stimulates the senses but also allows for down time. From cobblestone streets of the midieval hilltop towns to our hands delving into the culinary delights with chef Marcello as he teaches us family recipes in his cooking class. We stroll the back streets of Florence’s long time rival, Siena, tasting local specialties along the way. Lose yourself in time as we hike to an 8th century monastery in a valley amid vines and olive groves, while another hike will lead us to the healing natural hot springs of the Val d’Orcia. From wine tastings to cheese making and journaling, this is a journey of connection and expansion of oneself.
Prices start at $3,500 depending on lodging. Contact us to reserve a spot on our journey.
- Ground transportation to and from Florence.
- Transportation to all activities and events.
- All meals except lunch on day 7.
- Eight nights of accommodations at the magical Podere Cunina.
- Wine when specified.
- Four hour culinary class including copy of cookbook and wine.
- Morning body and mind attunement classes.
- Entrance fees to all sites that are scheduled.
- Two hour Siena artisan experience with local guide.
- Four hour Pecorino cheese making experience that includes, lunch and wine.
- Two guides to lead you on our Tuscany adventure immersion.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare to and from Florence
- All accommodations before or after scheduled journey.
- Any incidentals, gifts or souvenirs.
- Trip insurance.
Where ever you go, go with grace, joy and power. Knowing you are the creator of your story. Thank you for choosing “My Athena Adventure.” – Heather Bond